As Thanksgiving approaches, I find myself reflecting on the many blessings that God bestows on His people. The world is full of beauty if we only choose to look.
Being thankful should not be something we focus on only once or twice a year. Thankfulness is something that deserves to be recognized all year round. Giving thanks is mentioned more than 70 times throughout the Bible. Each verse reminds us to look closer at everyday life and reveal what is truly the most important.
Here are a few of my favorite verses about giving thanks:
- Philippians 4:6 – “Don’t worry about anything; instead pray about everything. Tell God what you need and thank Him for all he has done.”
- Ephesians 5:20 – “Giving thanks always and for everything to God the Father in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ…”
- 1 Chronicles 16:34 – “Oh give thanks to the Lord, for He is good; for His steadfast love endures forever!”
- 2 Corinthians 9:11 – “You will be enriched in every way to be generous in every way, which through us will produce thanksgiving to God.
As cliche as it sounds, I encourage everyone reading this to take the opportunity during this time of year to jot down a list of things in your life for which you are thankful. That way, throughout the year, you can look back at your list and remember to be grateful. Here are some of mine:
I am thankful for…
- freedom to worship
- you reading this post and all of your support and encouragement
This season, may your heart and home be filled with thanksgiving and celebration of God’s abundant and overwhelming love!